Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for one day before surgery or until 2 days after surgery.
- A responsible adult (18 years or older) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. If the patient is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian needs to escort the patient to surgery and remain at the office until discharge.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Schultz, Dr. Domin, Dr. Brooks, Dr. Erbentraut, Dr. Robinson or Dr. Ooi prior to your surgical date for instructions.