We are pleased to be able to resume providing elective/non-emergency treatment in all of our office locations. If you had an appointment deferred due to the COVID-19 shutdown, and have not been contacted by our office to re-schedule, please contact us and we can facilitate setting up a new appointment date/time. If you have an appointment that was scheduled prior to the shut down, please contact us to confirm the details as there have been some changes to our schedule as we reopen. Our goal is to provide services in a safe environment for our patients, staff, and all of our families. We want to make you aware of the changes that we have made to our practice.
First of all, we are keeping up to date and adhering to the recommendations of the Center for Disease control (CDC), federal and state Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA, MIOSHA), American Dental Association (ADA), Michigan Dental Association (MDA), American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), and both state and local health departments. We are closely monitoring these resources and will implement their safety recommendations as they become available. This will continue to be a fluid situation, and we are responding to this with extra training for our staff.
Second, as a surgical practice, we have always practiced a high degree of infection control in our offices which includes Universal Precautions. This means we treat everyone assuming they may have a transmissible disease to protect everyone against pathogens that might be passed on. In the past, our focus has been on blood borne and bodily fluid transmission. In response to the airborne nature of COVID-19, we have enhanced our infection control and disinfection practices throughout our offices.
- Screening and temperature checks for everyone prior to entering our offices.
- Focus on keeping our offices healthy – ill employees will be staying home, ill patients will be rescheduled.
- Focus on hand washing/hand sanitizer – patients/visitors are to use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Expanded surface disinfection in our treatment areas.
- Expanded use of surgical masks, face shields, and gowns (PPE) for surgical procedures.
- Limiting the number of people in the office – fewer patients scheduled throughout the day. Only the patient and care giver or guardian of minors will be allowed access to our office. It is necessary to wait in vehicles instead of the reception rooms.
- Masks on everyone (employees, patients, escorts, vendors) – please bring your own mask, we will provide one to you if needed.
- Regular disinfection of all surfaces throughout the day.
- Practice social distancing.
- Acrylic barriers at our reception desk.
- Focus on utilization of electronic paperwork.
We understand these changes are going to make visits to our office very different from what they were three months ago. Your visit may take longer and we are making adjustments to our schedules to accommodate this. Delays may happen, please be understanding with us as we facilitate new protocols for patient care.
If you have any questions or suggestions please let one of our team member know. We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps
- Dental Visits Post Covid-19: https://www.omsaofwm.com/files/2020/05/WebPage.pdf